Solicitors & Peddlers
Please follow the instructions below to apply and receive your permit to Solicit in the Town of St. John.
1. Fill out the application for each person performing Solicitation in the Town of St. John (link below).
2. Obtain a Limited Criminal History through the Indiana State Police:
You may obtain this online at https://www.in.gov/ai/appfiles/isp-lch/ During the application process for your limited criminal history, you will be asked the Reason For Request, the correct response will be for: "Has applied for employment with a non-criminal justice organization or individual."
3. If applicant will be operating a vehicle, include a copy of your Vehicle Insurance.
4. Include a copy of a State Issued ID card or License.
5. Email application and all documents to email@example.com.
6. After your application and supporting documents are received they will be submitted for approval. After they are approved you will be contacted to schedule an appointment to pay the application fee, have your photograph taken, and receive the permit and ID lanyard. Instructions to schedule an appointment will be provided in the email confirmation of your approved permit
Only after you have received your Solicitor Identification card can you Solicit within the Town of St. John.
Those wishing to apply for a license through the Town of St. John may fill out the form here.